New York City’s Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT)
Offering practice tests, diagnostic reports, and tutoring for New York City’s SHSAT
Who should take the SHSAT?
The Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) is conducted by the New York City Department of Education for students who seek admissions in one of the specialized high schools in New York City. The SHSAT is only offered to New York City residents in grades 8 and 9.
Curvebreakers Offers SHSAT Prep & Practice Tests
Each student enrolled in a Curvebreakers tutoring package will start off by taking a practice SHSAT and will receive a detailed analysis showing how the student did on each section of the exam and on each question type.
The detailed diagnostic score analysis allows us to:
- Identify subject matter areas that need the most attention.
- Understand why students are missing questions: content knowledge or test-taking ability (or both).
- Develop a personalized curriculum for each student based on the analysis of their practice SHSAT.
- Evaluate progress by taking additional SHSAT tests.
Tutoring with Curvebreakers
With tutors throughout New York City and Long Island, Curvebreakers offers private SHSAT preparation for students across the New York City and Long Island area. We also offer virtual tutoring for students who are not able to come to our offices in Garden City or Great Neck, or who may be too far for our tutors to travel to.
Using the effective Curvebreakers Test Prep methodology, tutoring is fine-tuned for your child. We have many test-taking strategies and will work with your child until we identify the best strategy – or strategies – that improve test scores. More on our test prep process can be found here.
Contact Curvebreakers to get started. We want to help your child get into the New York City Specialized High School of their choice.
How It Works:
- Start with an SHSAT practice test
- Review your diagnostic report with a Curvebreakers tutor. The diagnostic report assesses each area of the test and how your child performed, identifying areas that need improvement.
- Select your tutoring package
- Get started!
Tutors are in constant communication with parents, providing recaps of tutoring sessions and fine-tuning the material studied and test-taking strategies to identify the most effective approach. Curvebreakers’ truly insightful diagnostic reports help guide the tutoring sessions.
SHSAT Private Tutoring Package Rates